I regret little, but in looking back I am disappointed at my not participating in a reflection project for 2011. That year was so excruciating and painful and joyful and liberating and full that it is very much a blur of change. I should have recorded some part of it - though a peek into my December Daily 2011 will certainly give an indication to why the project did not get completed!

I enjoyed participating in reverb10 which resulted in a beautiful blog, a wonderful keepsake album and a collection of incredible memories - fully recorded. For 2010, I will always remember where I was and where I was planning on going. I want to go through that same exercise again for 2012. This past year was equally worth remembering.

Not that I have an abundance of time this year, but I do have a great desire, so that will have to do! I have curated a number of prompts from many resources. Those I've selected can be found below as well as a few of my own, they have each been attributed as best I can.

11 December 2012

day eleven | money

prompt: money

Where did you spend money through this year? (Author: Kaileen Elise) 

+ + + + + 

This year can be defined by the spending of distinctly unsexy money. You know, the boring stuff. A lot of functional purchases not too much fluff or fun.
  •  Structural Repair to my home
  •  Security System
  •  Truck, Gas & Car Washes
  •  Lease Penalties
  •  Truck Maintenance & Repairs
  •  GO Train & TTC
  •  Air Canada & WestJet
  •  Fridge & Dishwasher
  •  Washer & Dryer
  •  Leak Repair
  •  Toilets (4 of them!)
  •  Air Conditioner
  •  Mini Cooling systems for boys rooms
  •  Hot Water Heater upgrade
  •  Sump Pump
  •  Dentist & Orthodontist
  •  Optometrist & Glasses
  •  Naturopath
  •  Prescriptions & Supplements
  •  iPhones & Cellular service
  •  Photo Finishing
  •  Chandelier for Dining Room
  •  Fixture for Kitchen
  •  Couch, Coffee Table & Living Room Rug
  •  Bar Stools
  •  Dressers & Armoirev Cleaning service
  •  Resident Fees
  •  Groceries, Treats & LCBO
  •  Movies & Concerts & Plays
  •  Clothing & Shoes
  •  Head Shots
  •  Football Leagues & Equipment
  •  Lessons: Acting, Vocal, Piano
  •  Baseball League, Gloves, Cleat & Bats
  •  Volleyball League & Lessons & Gear
  •  Tennis Lessons & Racquet
  •  YMCA Memberships & Bathing Suits
  •  Uniforms (Blazers, Pants, Kilts, Shirts, Ties and dress shoes)
  •  School Books
Fluffy and fun were our trips, most by truck though some by airplane, that had such a wonderful and positive impact on me and the kids. I am hoping our future spending is less ordinary next year but you have to solidify the every day in order to enjoy - and appreciate - the special, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment