I regret little, but in looking back I am disappointed at my not participating in a reflection project for 2011. That year was so excruciating and painful and joyful and liberating and full that it is very much a blur of change. I should have recorded some part of it - though a peek into my December Daily 2011 will certainly give an indication to why the project did not get completed!

I enjoyed participating in reverb10 which resulted in a beautiful blog, a wonderful keepsake album and a collection of incredible memories - fully recorded. For 2010, I will always remember where I was and where I was planning on going. I want to go through that same exercise again for 2012. This past year was equally worth remembering.

Not that I have an abundance of time this year, but I do have a great desire, so that will have to do! I have curated a number of prompts from many resources. Those I've selected can be found below as well as a few of my own, they have each been attributed as best I can.

31 December 2012

day thirty one | moving forward

prompt: moving forward

Close your eyes and imagine yourself on January 1, 2014. Where do you want to be - in your heart, in your soul, in the world? (Author: Me)

+ + + + + 

It's late afternoon, no doubt I'll be relaxing in my living room:

lounging on the couch with a book in hand
wearing a new black duster sweater, preferably cashmere
in a smaller size - it starts with a 1!
with a blazing fire warming the room
a football game is on the tv in the background, the volume turned low
texts will come in from the kids, just checking in because they want to
I'll be cautioning them to be careful as the roads are slick with snow
a homemade tortiƩre is baking in the oven
a fresh multigrain baguette will be ready to slice 
and a salad awaiting dressing is in a bowl on the counter
the final draft of my book will be sitting on the coffee table
a friend will ask me if I want to join him for a glass of wine
and I will

THAT is exactly where I want to be on January 1, 2014.
 

1 comment: