I regret little, but in looking back I am disappointed at my not participating in a reflection project for 2011. That year was so excruciating and painful and joyful and liberating and full that it is very much a blur of change. I should have recorded some part of it - though a peek into my December Daily 2011 will certainly give an indication to why the project did not get completed!

I enjoyed participating in reverb10 which resulted in a beautiful blog, a wonderful keepsake album and a collection of incredible memories - fully recorded. For 2010, I will always remember where I was and where I was planning on going. I want to go through that same exercise again for 2012. This past year was equally worth remembering.

Not that I have an abundance of time this year, but I do have a great desire, so that will have to do! I have curated a number of prompts from many resources. Those I've selected can be found below as well as a few of my own, they have each been attributed as best I can.

13 December 2012

day thirteen | try

prompt: try

What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2012? What happened when you did/didn't go for it? (Author: Kaileen Elise) 

+ + + + + 

Sometimes, in certain situations, try is simply not enough. Every once in a while you must execute, not just make an attempt. I have been so focused on the execution, I had forgotten that it’s okay simply to try. Try and fail. Try and prevail. The simple act of trying something new, something old or something different: I really should reintroduce the concept to my life.

Right now, I want to try to take every day as it comes.

Right now, I want to try and not have any fire to extinguish. Certainly I do not want to add any fuel to any flames. Anywhere. At all.

And, once I’ve tried that, I’d like to try a few other things. Most of the activities are predicated upon my being more active and losing some weight.
  • I want to try joining  the tennis ladder at the courts at the school.
  • I want to try indoor skydiving. Too chicken to jump out of a plane!
  • I want to try white water rafting.
  • I want to try meditation.
  • I want to try to keep a swim schedule - at least four mornings a week.
  • I want to try make the clay items I’ve been dreaming about.
  • I want to try (again) and apply for a job, with benefits.
  • I want to try and revamp my wardrobe to reflect me and my style.
  • I want to try sewing again by dusting off my machine and if I can’t find what I want to wear, I can make it.
  • I want to try golfing again. Only 9 holes at a time though. I still don’t understand the need for 18 :)
  • I want to try installing, and using, actions in PSE.

Essentially, I want to open myself up enough to try things I’m comfortable with and some that make me squirm a bit.  

1 comment:

  1. ditto on the swim schedule for me; i tried actions this past year - so awesome! sewing is on my try list too.

    ReplyDelete