I regret little, but in looking back I am disappointed at my not participating in a reflection project for 2011. That year was so excruciating and painful and joyful and liberating and full that it is very much a blur of change. I should have recorded some part of it - though a peek into my December Daily 2011 will certainly give an indication to why the project did not get completed!

I enjoyed participating in reverb10 which resulted in a beautiful blog, a wonderful keepsake album and a collection of incredible memories - fully recorded. For 2010, I will always remember where I was and where I was planning on going. I want to go through that same exercise again for 2012. This past year was equally worth remembering.

Not that I have an abundance of time this year, but I do have a great desire, so that will have to do! I have curated a number of prompts from many resources. Those I've selected can be found below as well as a few of my own, they have each been attributed as best I can.

18 December 2012

day eighteen | bouquet

prompt: bouquet

If you were to be brought a bouquet, what flowers would you want it to hold? Colourful? Monochromatic? Traditional? Modern? (Author: Me) 

+ + + + + 

I like flowers with a lot of layers. Voluminous. Think peonies, cabbage roses, hydrangeas and the like. Usually in white. Oh how I would love to have a vast white garden full of each. Swoon.

Recently I am drawn to the almost unpronounceable ranunculus. In colour!

Every time I see a bunch in the florist area of the grocery store – set, no surprise, at the exit – I am tempted to buy a big colourful bunch.

My home is decorated using a lot of different woods and leather as well as glass and metal. By most standards it would be considered masculine. Except for the carefully chosen “feminine” touches that lighten things up. One of my favourite enhancements is the occasional vase of abundant flowers – all in the same colour, or tone. This is an expensive indulgence and I do not treat myself to it often. When I do it brings me much joy!

The most perfect bouquet for me to receive would be one that arrives:

1.    From someone I adore
2.    Already arranged in a vase
3.    Consisting of one primary flower, all in one colour or tone

Over the years, I’ve received many bouquets, but my most favourite were received years ago. The dandelions my kids picked in our backyard, or along the road, and handed to me with grubby hands and bright smiles. 

All I had to do was find the vase :)

No comments:

Post a Comment